8.18.2007

How on earth is this ever going to work?!?!? (Wink, wink)

Boy, I sure hope a guy who wants to win races can fit in on a successful race team.

I mean, wouldn't Joe Gibbs Racing be better served to hire an over the hill driver like Sterling Marlin or Joe Nemecheck, someone who won't rock the boat and is happy to collect his paycheck for running 30th every week? Isn't that what racing is all about?

It's comical the repeated line of questioning regarding Joe Gibbs Racing's decision to hire Kyle Busch, who was dropped from Hendrick Motorsports when that organization had
the chance to hire Dale Earnhardt Jr.
After being asked the same things over and over and over at his JGR introductory press conference, Kyle just smiled politely and said he didn't expect to have to change. When the teams got to Michigan on Friday for the Cup race there on Sunday, JGR drivers Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin were asked about how Busch would fit in.
"He's the best young talent out there in my opinion so I think we definitely got the right guy," Stewart said. "I think it fits right in with it. I think that's why he's a perfect fit for our organization.
"He's got the same passion and desire that Denny (Hamlin) and I have to win races. If you don't have guys that think the same way you do and feel the same way you do, it's hard to work together."
Exactly.
If you're a fan of a race team, what do you want? Guys driven to win no matter what, or guys who are happy to points race and not cause any ripples?
Yeah, that's what I thought. The folks at Joe Gibbs agree with you.

No comments: