9.25.2007

Hey, it's our 300th birthday!

Hard as it is to believe, but the ol' "Green-White-Checker" has turned 300.

300 posts, and still cranking out stuff that sometimes I honestly can't believe people want to read.

We've done the Oxford 250's move to Late Models ad nasuem. We've had our run-ins (or lack of them, I suppose) with Ward Burton. There was the Kyle Busch PASS fiasco, a memorable trip to Thunder Road and, of course, J.J. Yeley's induction into the Hall of Fame.

So this is the 300th post I've made in this little blog, this blog that had exactly 2 readers when it started -- my mother and Shawn Courchesne. Mom gave up months ago, Shawn still reads it regularly -- so he can e-mail me and tell me how many more hits The Backstretch gets every day.

I keep telling him I'm about quality over quantity, but even I'm not so sure anymore.

How much has happened in 4 little months of blogging? Dale Jr. left DEI. Then he joined Hendrick. Then he left Budweiser. Then he got AMPed up.

Then Cassius Clark went from splitting with owner Ed Chapman in the PASS North Series to reuniting, running a retro paint scheme, winning the NAPA 100 at Wiscasset and then failing tech.

And who could forget the hospitality tent at Speedway 95?

All that and I caught a seal, cruised around on an ATV and climbed 4 peaks in the Bigelow preserve in less than 24 hours.

It's just the life of an auto racing reporter who has no life, I suppose...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 300TH! You going up to T-Road for the Milk Bowl?

TBarrett said...

I am not...

My other duties as an outdoors writer will keep me much closer to home during bird/moose/deer seasons.

It's interesting, to say the least.

TB

Anonymous said...

It's cow season at Thunder Road this weekend. I don't think that you are allowed to shoot at them though.

Anonymous said...

Cow season? Travis, this is exactly why I worry about going north of Massachusetts for any short track racing.
Happy 300th Birthday. Hey, did I mention The Backstretch just crossed the 3,500 hits per day mark? Just remember who got you turned on to this crazy world of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Northern New England might have more cows and moose, but you'll find comfort in the fact that we probably have less golf carts up here than in Connecticut.

Isn't that what nightmares are made of?