9.01.2007

Putting Late Models to the holiday weekend test

Call it a "Late Model Immersion" weekend for me.

We're kicking it off at Oxford Plains Speedway, where 26 Late Models are on hand for championship night at the track. There are a pair of 40-lap features to run, and it's Travis Adams who has the chance to take home the hardware. Ricky Rolfe is second, 36 points behind.

Tomorrow, I'm heading off for Thunder Road in Vermont, one of those racing places I've never been to but that you're supposed to go to if you're any kind of auto racing writer worth your salt. I'm not sure that I'm worth my salt -- or what that term even means -- but it's a holiday weekend and the idea of a Nextel Cup race at California on television makes my eyes glaze over and the drool start pooling at the corners of my mouth.

They say if you want to see the ACT tour at its very best, then Thunder Road is the place to do it. So, I'm game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you like "The Road"?