6.13.2007

Busch releases statement

Kyle Busch, driver of the No. 5 Kellogg's Chevrolet in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series for Hendrick Motorsports and a 4-time Nextel Cup race winner, will depart Hendrick Motorsports at the conclusion of the 2007 season.

The following is a statement from Busch regarding the decision to leave:

"We had been working on a contract extension for me to remain at Hendrick Motorsports, but after prolonged negotiations, we mutually agreed that a fresh start was in order. I have been granted a release after the 2007 season.

"I have tremendous respect for Mr. Hendrick and everyone at Hendrick Motorsports. It’s where I grew up, and I have a lot of great memories.

"I kind of feel like I’m graduating. I’m excited about my future, and I know a lot of opportunities await because of what everyone at Hendrick did for me – on the track and off.

"I still have a job to do this year, and will give it my all – just as I’ve always done – to make sure we put the No. 5 car in victory lane a few more times before the year is out."

Busch won the Lenox 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway last July.

-- Courtesy Hendrick Motorsports

No comments: