6.16.2007

PASS testing at Unity

The PASS North Series cars are testing at Unity Raceway in preparation for Sunday's running of the DNK Select 150.

The series last visited the tricky little track buried in the heart of central Maine last fall, when they concluded the 2006 season by welcoming Ben Rowe to victory lane and handing Johnny Clark his second PASS championship.

It's one of my favorite divisions to watch -- and to cover -- because I think those Super Late Models on these kind of little bullrings are just about as good as racing gets. Anywhere. But I also got to thinking about what teams can get from testing a day early at a place like Unity.

The track has not changed in years, and drivers like Rowe and Clark have been around there enough to know what to expect. My suspicion is that, for the teams, keeping up with the changes to the cars and their technology is the hardest thing now.

Reminds me, I'll have to track Johnny down and see what he knows...

No comments: