6.30.2007

Notable quotables from NHIS

Some highlights from the New Hampshire International Speedway on Friday, where teams were working through the second day of the 4-day Lenox Industrial Tools 300 weekend:

"To be 100 percent honest with you, I don't know and I don't care. I don't. I really care about myself, my team and the people I work with, and that's about it." -- Juan Pablo Montoya, on whether former open-wheel competitors have expressed interest to him about their own moves to NASCAR.

"I'm blown away, to be honest." -- Jeff Gordon, on penalties issued by NASCAR this week to the No. 24 and No. 48 teams after failing pre-qualifying inspection at Infineon Raceway last weekend.

"The competition, of course, is No. 1. Dale Earnhardt Jr., we have to remember, is Dale Earnhardt Jr. He could sell a chocolate popsicle to a woman in a white dress. It's easy. ... Kyle Busch, he wouldn't be able to sell a favorite candy bar to a kid, I guess." -- Kyle Busch, on whether marketing and sponsor demographics play a role in his search for a new team.

"Not to drive like Sean Caisse." -- Jeffrey Earnhardt, DEI developmental driver for Andy Santerre Motorsports and son of Kerry Earnhardt, on the best piece of advice he's gotten this year from Santerre. Caisse is Earnhardt's teammate at ASM.

"I love the race track. It's fun. The Busch race is going to be a blast." -- Carl Edwards, on racing at NHIS.

No comments: