6.28.2007

Reality check for Busch, please

There were a lot of ways I wanted to go with this one, but I think letting Kurt Busch speak for himself is the best way to go.

Let's just say, Busch isn't exactly in touch with what racing fans in New England think.

"The fans really embraced Kurt Busch up in that area," Busch said, speaking, of course, about himself in the self-important 3rd person. "So I'm like a second child, I guess, to Ricky Craven in that area."

Wait. Read on. It gets better.

"And the flat track, to me, suits my driving style, and I do consider myself a little better on the short tracks," he said. "And, even though it's a mile and they consider it a superspeedway, every racer out there will tell you it races more like a short track. And that's why there are so many people in the New England area that buy tickets to this race."

Uh, Kurt, I generally hate to speak for the fans, but they buy tickets because for decades Cup racing wasn't available to New Englanders who either didn't want to or couldn't afford to travel south. They buy tickets because it's the biggest spectator sport in the nation, anywhere. They buy tickets here because they have a lot of fun attending races.

They don't do it because you're a second child or because it's a superspeedway dressed as a short track or whatever else.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurt Busch - if they ever decide to give the human race an enema, they'll put the nozzle in this guy....

Anonymous said...

Such an easy target.

Why don't you go write about something relevant?

Is the best you can do? Bash last year's "everybody hates him" driver?

Even Spencer has stopping bashing him.

Anonymous said...

I imagine the author of this article will spend Sunday night in the corner of a dark room clad in his Rainbow Warrior t-shirt rocking back and forth as a result of KB whipping the field Sunday afternoon.

Anonymous said...

God I feel so bad for this guy. He's a race car driver, not your friend. I used to love watching KB get mad and go after someone or get beat up. Nascar and the so-called press has bashed him so hard for so long I'm surpised he even talkes to you guys at all. My dream is for WWE, I mean nascar to fold and embrase real racing, like Champ, IRL, ALMS, and rolex.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get paid for talking about something I know nothing about. Are you serious??? KB has more talent in his left pinky than the journalist writing this article has in thier whole body, and I dont even care for the guy (KB). Its just a burning issue with me whenever I see or hear someone picking on someone for no reason at all. So he (KB) thinks what he thinks, were all entitled to that right. Right?