9.14.2007

Caisse looks good in Truck debut


Sean Caisse looked strong in his practice sessions, as he prepared for his Craftsman Truck Series debut tomorrow at New Hampshire International Speedway.


In a Germain Racing Toyota, Caisse was 16th fastest overall and then 4th fastest in rookie practice a little later on Friday morning. The Andy Santerre Motorsports driver in the Busch East Series was looking forward to the New Hampshire 200.

"Everybody at Germain has gone out of their way to be nice to me and make me feel really comfortable," Caisse said. "They're just a great group of guys, and they make me feel good about what's going to happen this weekend."

The team tested earlier this week, and Caisse said it went a long way toward acclimating him with the Truck. He'll be a teammate to Todd Bodine and Ted Musgrave, 2 accomplished Truck Series drivers.

Caisse didn't have a good experience with Kevin Harvick Inc., whom he drove for in a Busch Series race at Dover, Del., last season. That team didn't test with Caisse, and he felt he was thrown under the bus a little.

"I didn't get to do any testing, so going to Dover's a pretty tough place to be able to learn to run a radial tire," Caisse said. "I don't really feel like that whole situation was very comfortable for me."

Caisse has the chance to pull the double on his hometown track. He's never won in a Busch East car, but feels luck could finally be on his side later today.

"I've had more bad luck here than any other race track I can count," Caisse said of Loudon. "I seem to find something new here every time I come, but I don't know. I'd rather be lucky than good. I had a lot of bad luck at Thompson (Conn.) before, and I won there this year. Maybe I'll win here."

The Aubuchon Hardware 125 is slated for 5:10 p.m. today.

No comments: