9.15.2007

I'm a Doppler dummy

Here's what I won't do.

I won't get sucked into checking radar every 10 minutes, playing junior meteorologist and guessing over and over about what divisions New Hampshire International Speedway will run when in the event of inclement weather. I'm not going to do it.

Most of the time, all the conjecture proves worthless.

Here's what I do now. It wasn't raining as I pulled into the track half an hour ago, though the skies are menacing. Track drying is proceeding -- I can hear dulcet tones of the jet dryer through the soundproof media center walls.
I also know it's a little wet out there because I saw the Cadillac of golf carts -- an 8-seater with a hemi rolling around under the cover of a plastic bubble that was both wind- and rain-proof. Looked kind of like the Pope-Mobile.

The USAC Silver Crown cars, obviously, were supposed to hit the track at 8 for practice and group qualifying. Right now, that's on hold.

That's what we know. We'll keep you updated.

No comments: